How do I edit a Keynote like the ones Steve delivers?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SecurityTinker, Mar 7, 2011.

1. SecurityTinker, Mar 7, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2011

SecurityTinker macrumors newbie

So I have been given the job of merging a video of a professor talking about his research and his slides. I imagine this is a really commonly done task, and I would like to produce something like the Apple media event videos where they have Steve talking on one side and then ease in the keynote slides on the right side of the screen like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx7v815bYUw

I already have all the times of the video when the professor changes slides. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to cut/make the animations myself? (I'm using Adobe Premiere)

Edit: I would like a program where I can put the video of the keynote and the speaker side by side. I already have the actual slides.

2. KirkL macrumors 6502

There's a program called Keynote in the Mac App Store which you can use...but Steve probably has a better version made solely for him because some animations from his Keynotes are not in the program.

So ya, just do it in Keynote. I think it has an option where you can export it as a quicktime movie.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I think what you are talking about was done in the video editing suite rather than with Keynote.

4. SecurityTinker thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I thought. I'll just do it manually in Premiere then.

5. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

I'm pretty sure this isn't something you can do in keynote. It does presentations not video editing