How do I edit heaps of photos from Mac in iOS?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Fzang, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

I've snapped about a thousand vacation photos on my iPhone, but since the screen is a bit too small I'd prefer to edit them on my iPad, as I find the Photos application much more fun to use with touch than with a mouse.

I can't transfer photos directly from iPhone to iPad through Airdrop, as attempting to send more than about 40 photos at once crashes Airdrop. Every. Single. Time... Manually selecting 40 photos, Airdrop, repeat, takes an eternity and is not a sustainable solution either.

I can transfer all the photos to my Mac first, and then to my iPad. But then I can't delete unwanted photos from my iPad, and every edit requires me to create a duplicate in the camera roll, which also ends up being a messy procedure.

So in short, how can I transfer lots of photos from my iPhone's camera roll, to my iPad's camera roll and not into a locked album?

2. photoj2754 macrumors 6502

photoj2754

Have you tried looking into using Dropbox. Not sure about how many photos you can transfer at once (I'm assuming you can send any amount but it will probably take quite awhile to transfer) but it works great for me. There's also Desk Connect and PhotoTransfer apps which I use also. Just a suggestion

3. Fzang thread starter macrumors 65816

Fzang

Cool, thanks. I'll be sure to check them out.

4. Brandon-411 macrumors newbie

Is there a reason you aren't using iCloud Photo Library? It will sync the photos and any edits you make on the iPad or Mac will be reflected on the other devices.