How do I edit my .Mac homepage?

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
545
0
East Coast
Alright so I go to Apple.com, click on .Mac, click on hompage and I don't know where to go from there. I want to edit the site I made yesterday on .Mac.

Thanks in advance!
 

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
1,023
0
London, UK
Apple!Freak said:
Alright so I go to Apple.com, click on .Mac, click on hompage and I don't know where to go from there. I want to edit the site I made yesterday on .Mac.

Thanks in advance!
You need to log in - top right of the screen....
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,107
75
Solon, OH
Once you're logged in, click HomePage in the blue bar, and the main HomePage interface will appear. From there, you can make any edits you wish to make. You can tell that you're logged in by looking at the right side of the blue bar. If it says "Log in", you're not logged in. If there's a gray oval there with your .Mac username inside it, you're logged in.
 

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
545
0
East Coast
wrldwzrd89 said:
Once you're logged in, click HomePage in the blue bar, and the main HomePage interface will appear. From there, you can make any edits you wish to make. You can tell that you're logged in by looking at the right side of the blue bar. If it says "Log in", you're not logged in. If there's a gray oval there with your .Mac username inside it, you're logged in.
I am logged in and I get to the HomePage interface however where do I go from there to edit my page?
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,107
75
Solon, OH
Apple!Freak said:
I am logged in and I get to the HomePage interface however where do I go from there to edit my page?
There's a two-part box near the top left of the main HomePage interface listing all your pages. Click the one you want to edit in the left pane to select it. A preview will appear in the right pane. Click the Edit button below the box to edit the page you picked.
 

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
545
0
East Coast
wrldwzrd89 said:
There's a two-part box near the top left of the main HomePage interface listing all your pages. Click the one you want to edit in the left pane to select it. A preview will appear in the right pane. Click the Edit button below the box to edit the page you picked.
I don't have anything in that two-part box.
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,107
75
Solon, OH
Apple!Freak said:
I don't have anything in that two-part box.
I have to do some reality checks now:

1. Go to your .Mac homepage address. Is there a site there?
2. Check the Sites folder in your iDisk. Do you see at least two files: index.html and [content_type][number].html (where content_type is FileSharing, PhotoAlbum, etc. depending on the template you used and number is...well...a number)?
 

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
545
0
East Coast
wrldwzrd89 said:
I have to do some reality checks now:

1. Go to your .Mac homepage address. Is there a site there?
2. Check the Sites folder in your iDisk. Do you see at least two files: index.html and [content_type][number].html (where content_type is FileSharing, PhotoAlbum, etc. depending on the template you used and number is...well...a number)?
Yes and Yes.
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,107
75
Solon, OH
Apple!Freak said:
Yes and Yes.
Somehow, your HomePage has become disassociated from .Mac, so the HomePage tool doesn't know about it. I don't know what to suggest other than recreating your page using the existing one as a template (open the existing page in Safari, print it to a PDF, then look at the PDF when designing its replacement).
 

Apple!Freak

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
545
0
East Coast
wrldwzrd89 said:
Somehow, your HomePage has become disassociated from .Mac, so the HomePage tool doesn't know about it. I don't know what to suggest other than recreating your page using the existing one as a template (open the existing page in Safari, print it to a PDF, then look at the PDF when designing its replacement).
Will do. Thanks for the help!
 

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.