How do I edit stored personal info?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by baypharm, Feb 13, 2010.

1. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

I actually have two questions:

1). When I set up my iMac and Macbook Pro for the first time, it asked me for my name, address, city, zip, phone, etc.... well my address and phone has changed. How do I edit so the updated info displays into forms automatically? And can I turn off the automatic insertion of information when filling forms?

2). My Macbook Pro 2.8 came with leopard obviously. I have an iMac 2.8 that did not come with Leopard and wish to install Leopard. Can I use the OS dvd that came with my Macbook Pro to install Leopard or should I buy the $29 upgrade dvd? And can I do this without erasing all my program application files?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Mac OS X install discs are specific to the model they came with. You can't use them on another model.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5.x) and Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.x) are two different operating systems (OS).

You can't use the gray restore DVDs from the iMac (or MBP) with your MBP (or iMac) as those are machine specific.
    You can't install an OS version prior to the one that came with the Mac, so no 10.6.1 on a Mac that came with 10.6.2 and no 10.5.8 on a machine that came with 10.6.x.

The upgrade DVD you talk about contains Mac OS X 10.6 and it will work for both Macs (Family Pack - 45€), but it will install only Mac OS X 10.6.

Upgrading will work without erasing your user data or any applications, but some applications may need upgrading, as they might not be compatible with 10.6.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Edit your info in Address Book.

Also, if using Safari, go to Safari preferences>autofill and you can edit there too.

5. baypharm thread starter macrumors 65816

baypharm