Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4MUL8R

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2011
Commonwealth Of Virginia
I have an old account with .mac format addresses. I set up several subordinate e-mail addresses for my family members as .mac addresses. Then, .me came along. We have tried to use .me addresses, but cannot from the iMac when using Mail client software. The only other addresses that show up are .mac subordinate names.

However, when on the internet, from other computers, using the browser mail, we can see both .me and .mac addresses.

This is confusing to our friends, and potentially weird for the new cloud system. How in the world do I get rid of the ancient .mac addresses such that .me addresses show up in the Mail client?

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
If you go into preferences on Mail, and go to the accounts tab

Highlight your .Mac/Me account (make sure you are on the account information tab)

Where it says email address it should show your .Mac email, change this to your .me one, all email will send from that

Thats where I changed mine to get rid of the ME one and only use the MAC email address, so yours is just the opposite

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.