How do I eliminate the lag/stuttering on my MBPR?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jacoblee23, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I sold my 13" Air for this the other day, but have noticed some lag and stuttering that I never had with my Air. In particular while doing the three finger swipe for mission control I have some very noticeable stuttering and lag. I have turned transparency off. Does anyone have any tips?

2. lankox macrumors regular

System Preferences - Accessibility - Display - Increase Contrast

Doesn't look great but helps with the slow animations.

3. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I think its a combination of the drivers in Yosemite due to the extra power that it takes to drive the retina display. I read that, but i have no answer for the lag unfortunately. I guess with a great display comes small drawbacks? lol...

4. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

Crosspost from another thread

On the technical side, the Iris graphics isn't really up to par running at 2560 smoothly. If you are using the 1440/1680 scaling, then you are obviously pushing the actual resolution to 2880/3360.

Plug the MBP to an external 1080p monitor and close the lid. Plug in a external mouse/keyboard and try all those activities again and see if animation still run as sluggish as before.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Not true

Same reply as other thread

The graphics are easily powerful enough, hell crappy little arm processors run such pixel numbers on smartphones with no issue at all. It is the badly coded and optimised software drivers in OSX causing the issues.