Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThemePro

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 1, 2010
I tried the obvious like toggling Find My Mac off and checked the security policy to see that it's full security.

ActivationLock.png

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The Activation Lock is a function of Find My.
If Find My is off, Activation Lock is also disabled ...
To turn on Activation Lock, turn on Find My.

Other information here - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210400

And, it does seem like you must have two-factor authentication to enable Find My.

Last edited:

ThemePro

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Yes, just checked. Two-factor authentication is enabled.

ThemePro

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
May 1, 2010
yes, I checked the Find My Mac under iCloud settings - it's on. As I mentioned, tired toggling off and on but activation lock is still disabled.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
yes, I checked the Find My Mac under iCloud settings - it's on. As I mentioned, tired toggling off and on but activation lock is still disabled.

You've rebooted of course, yes?

Beyond that a call to Apple Support is your best next step since you should still be within phone support even if you didn't buy AC+

Reactions: ThemePro

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
I had the same issue. Both find My Mac and two factor were enabled but activation lock status was disabled. Only one thing was disabled that needed enabling and it was the option called Find my network . Looks like this has to enabled as well?

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
I have this issue with my new 16” M1 MBP. I am really, really sure that 2FA is on, Find My is on (including FMN), and that the boot security is set to “full.” Despite that, activation lock shows Disabled.

nsayer

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2003
Silicon Valley
It's the damnest thing. I spent the entire evening last night toggling FindMy, singing into and out of iCloud, even booting into boot options and toggling full/reduced security. Nothing changed the AL status. I went to bed convinced I was going to have to take it to a genius bar.

This morning, it's enabled. Literally nothing happened between then and now except time.

"It just works." ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.