how do I enable double tap then drag & and 3 finger swipe back/forth?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Bathplug, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Bathplug, Jul 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011

Bathplug macrumors 6502a

How do you enable double tap to drag? for example double tap a folder then drag it. Same method if I want to move a slider or high light text instead of having to click the trackpad with one finger and move with another.

How do you enable 3 finger swipe back/forth to go back or forward in firefox, finder etc

Thanks

2. Bathplug thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok I enabled the 3 finger swipe with bettertouchtool. But how do I highlight some text by double tapping the trackpad and dragging?

Thanks

edit: problem solved

bettertouchtool

If you want to customize three finger swipe left,right,up or down please deactivate those gestues in your System Preferences => Trackpad => More Gestures. If you don’t do this those gestures may also trigger the original Apple gestures in Lion.

If you want to use tap to click on your trackpad, you can enable this by going to “System Preferences => Universal Access => Mouse & Trackpad => Trackpad Options (button on the bottom)”

3. satyrica macrumors member

satyrica

BetterTouchTool help???!

Where is that setting in BTT (double click and drag to hi-lite)?

Also, any idea where to set the trackpad for double-tap one finger to click buttons? I'm going crazy trying to figure out what should be so simple!

4. Bathplug thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its actually in system preference. Universal Access> Mouse & Trackpad > Trackpad Options. Its still not clear in there I just remember changing one of the options and it worked.

I can't help you with the second question sorry. http://blog.boastr.net/?page_id=2507