Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
so I have the iOS 9 PB and love it. I have it installed on my iPad Air and iPhone 5s and I am interested in the Proactive feature, but I am wondering how exactly do I enable it? I know there isn't like one switch to turn all the features on, but is there specific settings that need to be turned on for all the proactive features to work? For example, do I need "suggested apps" to be turned on?

devinthomas

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2013
Settings >> General houses all relevant options to Proactive being fully enabled.

Under Spotlight Seach make sure Siri Suggestions are enabled, and under Handoff & Suggested Apps make sure those last to options under Suggested Apps for Installed Apps & Apps on the App Store are enabled.

However, it's been suggested that Proactive won't be very useful until apps have been updated with compatibility for iOS 9's new search API's. In my experience, it's been helpful here and there but nothing major yet.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
Settings >> General houses all relevant options to Proactive being fully enabled.

Under Spotlight Seach make sure Siri Suggestions are enabled, and under Handoff & Suggested Apps make sure those last to options under Suggested Apps for Installed Apps & Apps on the App Store are enabled.

However, it's been suggested that Proactive won't be very useful until apps have been updated with compatibility for iOS 9's new search API's. In my experience, it's been helpful here and there but nothing major yet.
I turned on suggested apps for installed apps; I'm not interested in apps in the app store being suggested. So, eventually it should start to "learn" apps I use frequently?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.