How do I enable push-mail on yahoo??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RealSkyDiver, Jul 11, 2010.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

Even-though I have push enabled I only receive it from gmail but never from yahoo so how can I enable it?

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

3. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

you sure you aren't lying?

4. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

Really?

Can't believe you started another thread about this topic, even after the mods deleted the others.... :rolleyes:

This is, what, the third/fourth thread?? Move on, dude. You seem to answer your own questions anyhow. Now you're just wasting forum space. I hope they delete this one too.

5. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

Why would mods suddenly delete unanswered threads?? All I wanna know is how to enable a simple future and I haven't found anything on google that says it's impossible. It wouldn't even make sense anyway.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

The real question is how are you getting push Gmail and NOT getting push Yahoo? Yahoo pushes automatically. Just set up your account normally and Push will be enabled. Gmail doesn't allow push.

7. Plain Lazy macrumors newbie

it's supposed to be automatic and just work - the act of adding a yahoo account to the iPhone is supposed to enable push, providing you're phone's set to push.

Mines a bit sketchy at the best of times though. Only resolution is to delete and re-add account and it works again for a bit.

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Sure they do. You just have to set it up that way, that's all.

9. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Awesome. I never knew that. I guess I can delete my Yahoo account now since all I used it for was forwarding my Gmail to it so I could get push notifications. Thanks!

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Tip 2: Get the free app named Boxcar.

It's designed to be a way to get push notices when you're using IMAP G-Mail. But it's still useful with Exchange!

First, Boxcar will put up a blue-alert box telling you the e-mail title. I don't believe Exchange does that by itself. (It just puts a badge on the Mail app.) So that's one benefit.

The 2nd is that Boxcar has "Quiet Hours" for the sound it plays. So you can tell it to keep quiet over night. I turned off my 'New Mail' sound and just let Boxcar ding me when I get mail...and it goes quiet at 11 PM so it won't wake me up overnight.

So even though G-Mail has push built-in, this add-on 'push app' is still quite useful.

11. truciet macrumors 6502

I believe it's a bug in iOS 4.0...

I can confirm if you have just your yahoo, it will push. However, once you add gmail, gmail will push but yahoo will NOT :mad:

I've tested it many times with and without gmail added...it has to be a bug :(

12. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

Yahoo does push, but it hasn't for me since Friday. I think I will try deleting the account and trying again. Normally, restarting the phone will work, but not this time.

13. stphnman20 macrumors regular

Yea same here.. It hasnt been working.. Also I get emails that are sent from no one.

14. Reefbone macrumors regular

I almost felt that way too. The last OS I would have to delete an re-add occasionally. I couldn't get Yahoo to push hardly at all on OS4 but after deleteing other mail accounts and re-adding the yahoo several times it seems to have taken. I just set up Gmail (via web) to forward to Yahoo then Yahoo pushes. ( I feel like I get a double SPAM filter that way too.)

15. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

Looking at the discussion here I'm really disappointed by the fact that a mod has deleted my previous identical thread for no reason and no explanation at all but we have people like ClutchThese who just straight out lie or Figbash Acrobat who doesn't contribute to anything but trolling. Really sad to see how people like these drag this forum down -.-

@Reefbone but isn't the whole point of the unified mailbox to have push combined with all of it? Really hope they fix this soon. It's just highly annoying.

16. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Yahoo does have push mail. Go to yahoo and type "yahoo push mail". The page comes up. You type in your cell number and get a text message. If you still have problems (like I was transferring iPhones) delete your yahoo then turn off. Turn on and add your account again. My yahoo mail has been great ever since.

17. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

That doesn't do anything. The text will only confirm that you can use yahoo but won't change anything.

18. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Then do the rest of what I posted, it works lol.

19. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

LOL...it's not trolling to have a sense of humor, which is what I exhibited in one of your other threads on this topic. Most decent members of these forums know to keep things light. As to my post above, I was just irritated with your attitude and annoying insistence on re-posting repeat threads despite mod action.

You, for that matter, take yourself too seriously and come off unappreciative and smug. Try a friendlier tone and you might be surprised how much more likely people are to help you out. Now, good luck, and peace be with you!

(Yes, I'm aware I haven't helped you with your other problem. :D)

20. jackblack73 macrumors newbie

Are you sure you have Push enabled on that specific account? In "Fetch New Data" you have to enable Push, but you may not have noticed that if you scroll down there's an Advanced button. There you have to make sure each specific account is enabled too.

21. RealSkyDiver thread starter macrumors 6502

mmhhh thats actually funny. I have fetch enabled on gmail and push on yahoo but gmail is the only account I actually receive emails without having to open the email app:confused: and theres no push option under gmail.

22. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

I was having the same problem with Yahoo when I switched Iphones. My yahoo is just like my Mobileme account 90% of the time lol.