How do I export from IMovie a mpg4 or mov within an AVI container?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Greg Roskies, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Greg Roskies macrumors newbie

I am trying to produce videos for digital picture frames. The company advised me that the videos can be in either MOV or MPG4 but have to be in a AVI container. I am using IMovie. I tried exporting in AVI then opening that file and exporting as MOV and MPG4 but it didn't help. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Greg

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

The company is confused. MOV and AVI are both containers, not codecs, so you can't have an MOV 'inside' an AVI. What digital picture frame do you have? Does the movies your digital camera takes work in the frame? If so, what format are those movies?

Lethal

3. Greg Roskies thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply. I am producing videos using IMovie not a camcorder. The digital picture frame is a Smartparts 15 inch model SP15EF. If I download a mpeg4 video from the internet it runs well but when I try to run one produced on IMovie and exported as a mpeg4 (via flash drive) to the frame it does not display well. Only the top portions of the pictures are visible the rest of the frame is filled with jumbled colors.

4. hdayala macrumors newbie

Not a problem

Download "MPEG Streamclip" http://www.squared5.com/ Drag your .Mov or MPEG4 into the app window, then Go to the File Menu and choose .AVI and Voila! Enjoy