Carrier how do i find out what carrier my iphone is on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jasonfodor, Jun 4, 2019.

1. jasonfodor macrumors member

bought an iphone on eBay....

Seller said it's "straight talk".
    I went to apple support and they said "I’m unable to see the iPhone’s current carrier. However, if you confirm with me your iPhone’s serial number, I can see what is the next activation policy."
    I contacted straight talk 3x and they denied this is their phone.
    Carrier in the setting says Bell 29.1, I contacted Bell (some Canadian company) who denies this is theirs.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

What happens if you put your own sim in?

3. bjrjar macrumors newbie

When I had straight talk (up til recently), it was Tracfone. It showed in the upper left corner of the display.

4. jasonfodor thread starter macrumors member

Says sim not supported when I put in my ATT sim card.

Contacted Tracfone and they also said it's not theirs

5. jetsam macrumors 6502a

The "Next Activation Policy" should tell you who the phone is locked to. Did you follow this up with Apple?

6. Reno Raines macrumors 65816

Just a heads up on Straightalk it may show as Home or TFW in the upper corner depending on the SIM card you are using. They are also tough to get the phone unlocked on. The owner must have a years worth of use on their network before they will unlock it. I know I am 1 for 2 with them on unlocking.

7. jasonfodor thread starter macrumors member

Apple is claiming it's StraightTalk.

I don't have a Straighttalk sim, just an AT&T sim. Apple warranty expires June 12th and Apple ran a diagnostic on the phone after I put it on wifi and the battery cycle on it is just "10" despite being almost a year old....very odd.

He said the phone might have recycled parts (i.e. straighttalk logic board) and said it's the norm for Apple to use recycled parts even in brand new phones. But didn't provide a solution what so ever. Just said update the ios and try unlocking it using itunes and if not call AT&T who owns straighttalk.