How do I find the model screen that I have?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jshelton, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Where is the screen model number located on the 13 MBPs? On the box or somewhere in the system itself?

Thanks...

2. phrozen209 macrumors newbie

Press Command+Space (To open Spotlight) and type "colorsync utility" then press enter. click on Devices then open Displays and click on Color LCD. Then click on the open button under Factory Profile and scroll all the way to the bottom and click on mmod. it will be listed there.

3. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks!

It says my screen model is 00009CBD

Is that one of the better screens?

4. phrozen209 macrumors newbie

Does it look good to you? If it does, then yes, it is one of the better screens.:D

Here's the link to the thread containing the info you want. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=717479

5. hamish5178 macrumors member

When I look for colorsync, spotlight comes up empty-handed. I fear I may have somehow deleted it recently thinking it was something I downloaded from MR (trying to use other people's calibration profiles).

Is this possible? Can I find it somewhere online?

6. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Before you knew the model number and read the macrumors thread about it, did you think it was good? If so, it's good. If not, it's bad.

7. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well actually no, I didn't think it was good. See this thread.

I returned it and had to argue with the Best Buy customer service person to get them to exchange it. It was a real hassle!

I calibrated the newest one and it looks ok, but I still don't see any difference from my white Macbook.