how do I fix a loose hinge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raymann135, Feb 11, 2009.

1. raymann135 macrumors newbie

Ok, I go to a school where they issue macbook pro's to us to use for "school work." We are allowed to bring them home and everything, and it's cool and all, but my hinge on it got really loose. The people in charge of fixing the laptops are trying to tell me it is a hard fix and are making me pay 100 dollars to have it fixed, but i think I'm getting ripped off. Is this bullcrap, or is it really that expensive/hard to fix. Thank you alot.
    -Rayman

2. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Take it to any Apple store, a Genius inside will fix it for you for free in 5 mins.

3. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

will they make it as tight as the previous generation mbp?

4. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

I'm sure they'll make it good as new. :p In fact, they'll probably take the time to tighten every other screw/hinge/nut/bolt on the frame of your MacBook.

5. raymann135 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah well, they already took my computer away, and I'm getting charged 100 dollars. I'm probably not going to pay it and throw a hissy fit.

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Just like they're probably going to keep your computer until you pay, and probably not going to care about your 'hissy fit'.

7. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

Second that though. I would talk to your school's IT department head about why you are being charged. The hinge could have to be replaced, which would cost some money, even at the Apple Store if it was out of warranty. You complaining won't really fix anything. Just going to make you look like an idiot.