How Do I Fix HDCP Error?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by steveo2010, Mar 29, 2015.

1. steveo2010 macrumors newbie

This is something that has cropped up in the last few days and it's annoying me greatly. I've confirmed with Apple that my display is HDCP compliant and they worked with me to check whether there was any displaylink running on my computer (which there wasn't) and the issue still persists.

I'm a novice at this stuff, so any help would be appreciated.

2. steveo2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

You have been too brief describing your problem.. HDCP error with what?

4. steveo2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, like I said I'm a bit of a novice with these things. The issue cropped up when trying to watch a movie on Amazon on the iMac itself. I'm getting an error message that says my display is not HDCP compliant. This is the reason I'm not getting an HD connection on movies on Netflix and the error is also popping up on iTunes.

I'm using no external displays, only attempting to watch things on the computer. I've checked with Apple directly and they've confirmed it's compliant, so I'm not sure what could be causing the problem.

5. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

That is one doozy of a problem.. never seen it before and I've been using Macs for 30 years.

What version of OS X are you running on your iMac?

6. steveo2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yosemite 10.10.2

7. steveo2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

So the problem persists. Amazon seem to think it's because they 'don't support Mac' which I doubt seeing as the problem also persists on iTunes and Netflix.

Any help?

8. macthefork macrumors 6502

Are you connected directly to your router/modem with an ethernet cable? (not through wifi) If you are, are you going through any other device such as a thunderbolt to Ethernet device? If so, that device may not be HDCP compatible, and it is that device that the site at netflix, or amazon is detecting through your connection.
    Try connecting directly to your modem/router with a Ethernet cable and see it the situation resolves.