How do I fix key-chain?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jordynicholls, Mar 19, 2016.

1. jordynicholls macrumors newbie

jordynicholls

Whenever I switch on my Macbook Pro I always get tons of pop-ups asking me for my keychain password and this is super annoying!

Is their anyway to resolve this?

Thanks.

2. Gesturthor macrumors member

Do you have encrypted disk? I have Firevault on for my Macintosh HD and then i have my jetdrive encrypted. I also get the popups but they are because of the jetdrive.

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Here's what I would do:
    Sometimes the issue can happen after you change your admin password while booted to your recovery partition.
    Reset your key-chain password by going into your System Preferences, then Users & Groups.
    Click Change Password...
    Fill in the blocks to change your password. You can leave your password exactly the same if you prefer your preset password. (old and new password can remain the same if you like) What you are doing is the "change password" process. When that is complete, it also resets the password used for your keychain, which CAN fix certain keychain issues.
    I would suggest after doing that, you restart your Mac, or at least log out of your user, then log back in.

If that does not help...
    You can also reset your keychain by launching your Keychain Access app (in your Utilities folder)
    Select your user keychain (it has your user account name), then click Keychain Access/Preferences
    Click "Reset my Default Keychain". Then, quit Keychain Access. Restart again. You will likely get to re-enter at least a few passwords, but only that next time, then - it should return to a more normal use for you....