How do I fix my iPhone that is stuck on the iTunes screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jth295, Oct 15, 2012.

1. jth295 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS (current firmware on the phone is 5.1.1) that HAS been jailbroken in the past. Now, I removed the jailbreak not too long ago via the restore process. Recently, when I tried updating to iOS 6, my phone froze and got stuck on the "connect to itunes" screen. I have watched numerous videos on YouTube and done countless research on the net, and I am not having any luck. I did manage to get the phone to turn on a couple times. When the phone turned on, I attempted to restore it to a fresh 5.1.1 firmware. Well, when I did this, the phone did not restore correctly, I received the itunes error 1602, and the phone went back to the "connect to itunes" screen.

Please help me if you believe you know how to fix the phone. I'm hoping there is no hardware malfunction as I would like to use the phone again. Also, I am not concerned about losing any data, because I would like to wipe the phone completely.
    Thanks!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. jth295 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've already tried that. It just goes right back to the iTunes screen.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you have the ipad baseband installed on that 3GS before?

5. jth295 thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed some forums talking about that, but honestly, I have no idea what that is, so I assumed that I didn't have that installed.