How do I fix my iTunes Library?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kkachurak, Jul 16, 2007.

1. kkachurak macrumors regular

Hi again,

About a week ago I posted regarding swapping out hard drives in my 12" Powerbook 1.5ghz. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=328078

I actually figured out an easier way to do it, keeping all my settings and data intact. And it was pretty simple, too.

Anyhow, so I'm going about the usual business with this great new big hard disk (to buy more content on iTunes), when I import some old purchased TV shows from a DVD. See, I burned them onto the disk to make more room a while back.

After I placed the TV shows into what I thought was the correct directory, I opened them in iTunes. iTunes proceeded to "copy" them somewhere, which I thought was odd.

I looked and sure enough, iTunes had reverted its iTunes Home Folder to the old external drive I was using before I got my new bigger internal disk. Now, even though all the content is on my local disk, its telling me it can't locate any song.

Even more strangely, it correctly locates about half my TV shows.

I don't want to have to go through over 1500 songs and select the location of each one. That's madness! How do I fix this? :eek:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

iTunes->Preferences->Advanced->General

Uncheck the boxes that says "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library"

3. kkachurak thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, well that solves any future issues, but the matter is that iTunes still believes the path to my music is on my external disk, even though its all now on my internal drive.