How do I get a .ISO file on to a DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheEno, Mar 10, 2008.

1. TheEno macrumors newbie

Hi Im new to the computer world and worst I started with a Mac book pro.

So my problem is this. I download a training video from this web site http://www.ebookee.com/Total-Training-Adobe-Illustrator-CS2-DVD-1-038-2_138679.html I have all the files on my desk top. I used stuffit to expand/join them and the out come was a file name agttil21.iso. So my question is what do I need to play the file like a regular dvd or at least play the video in order? If I click on the .ISO file it just opens and all you see is all the file folders and black boxes like when you explore a dvd movie.

Please help!

Thanks

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Just pop in a blank disk and drag the .iso to it. Burn it straight in OS X. That's what I did for my copy of...

That's what worked for me. ;)

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

I am not sure if dragging it to a disk in finder will work. Unless they changed that in Leopard that will just put the .iso file as is as a single file on the disk.

To burn it. Open Disk Utility (in the utilities folder) and click burn. First it will ask you what to burn, select the iso file. Then it will wait for you to put in a dvd. Put it in and it will get burned properly.

5. TheEno thread starter macrumors newbie

The ISO file I have when i click on it it turns into one of those white box's that you have to eject to close. Just want to know if thats normal or not. Also this is what I have done http://lifehacker.com/software/mac-os-x/mac-tip--how-to-burn-an-iso-or-dmg-file-to-disc-251758.php all it did was basically burn the same thing on a dvd. What I need is a way to be able to play the movie or see the video. It would be nice to be able to put in on dvd an play it on my TV dvd. I dont need to burning the information onto a DVD for storage I want to be able to play it like a movie dvd.

Thanks for your time guys.