How do I get Aeroplan points in apple store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jcdavies, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jcdavies macrumors member

Hey guys I just got a new ipod touch 32gb through the apple store. I went through the aeroplan estore and upon finding teh apple page it says the following

'Click the 'Shop Now' button to be redirected to the Apple Store Canada website (you will need to enter your Aeroplan number) and start earning miles on all your purchases. '

However in the apple store did i at no point see anywhere to put my aeroplan number.

Has any one else done this and know where i went wrong?

I was already logged in to aeroplan e store if that helps any one

thanks for your help

2. craig45 macrumors member

I'm not familar with your "Aeroplan", but I am a member of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan. With the Alaska Air Plan, if you are logged into their site and then proceed to the Apple page, FROM the provided link, everything will be OK.

If I'm not already logged on to the Alaska Air Plan, it would then ask for my log-in details.

Hope you get your miles / points.

3. d4nn0 macrumors member

d4nn0

Heyyo,

I did a test-run, and was prompted to enter my Aeroplan number and password again after I clicked the link from the Aeroplan site. Did this not happen for you?

I'll be ordering my MBP in a few days and using this method, however, not sure if it will work since I'm going through Education Store. Plus, won't be able to tell you either way, as it says takes 6-8 weeks to actually give you the points. Bleh

-Danno

4. jcdavies thread starter macrumors member

It didnt i was already logged in though, we will see what happens in about 6 to 8 weeks as i did the order yesterday

5. GoldenHippo macrumors newbie

Did you get your miles, even though you went to the Education Store?