Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NSK123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
I have just activated 12-hour clock and it just says 9:17 and not 9:17PM

How can I change this? I have tried rebooting my phone but it's the same problem. :confused::(

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
To my knowledge, you don't change this. At least there is no standard option to do so. I haven't thought much about needing this, though. I can usually tell the difference between 1:00 am and 1:00 pm without need of having it on the display. :)

NSK123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
well I don't live underground but I just thought it would be common sense to have AM/PM on a 12-hour clock, but then again.. this is apple we're dealing with, they make great products but weirdly enough they suck on the software side.

Vynnan

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
Louisiana
To my knowledge, you don't change this. At least there is no standard option to do so. I haven't thought much about needing this, though. I can usually tell the difference between 1:00 am and 1:00 pm without need of having it on the display. :)
Well. If like me you work noting but the graveyard shift then it acrtualy does come in handy. Example: im in Louisiana btw. Its sunday early morning for me right now due to my sleep pattern. But in reality its 3:05pm

Vynnan

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2021
Louisiana
Well. If like me you work noting but the graveyard shift then it acrtualy does come in handy. Example: im in Louisiana btw. Its sunday early morning for me right now due to my sleep pattern. But in reality its 3:05pm
So it’s difficult to tell times of day. Especially when windows are typically blacked out from the inside for those who work graveyards

azhava

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2010
Arizona, USA
Settings > General > Date & Time > Turn on 24-Hour Time. Your clock will now read 21:17 at 9:17 PM, and 09:17 at 9:17 AM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.