How do I get an installed app to appear as a "Complication"?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Turnpike, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

Before I got my new phone and reset everything, some of the options in the modular face were apps on my iPhone and Apple watch (like Cardiogram) but now that I've reinstalled everything on the new phone (and new watch) I can't get some of the apps to show up as an option when I'm choosing from the list of "Complications".

I am now running the latest IOS on both the iPhone 8plus and newly updated Apple Watch software (whatever it is- I think IOSwatch 4 or something like that- took forever to update).

How can I get an app to show up as a "complication"? When I see the list of them on my iPhone (in the Watch app) only the Nike Run shows up as a complication, and I can add it or remove it, but that's the only one that even shows up in either the "add" or "remove" lists.

Thanks!

2. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Stupid question, but have you downloaded the apps in question to your Watch? I would try unpairing and re-pairing your Watch - this usually fixes a lot of problems.

3. Turnpike thread starter macrumors 6502

Turnpike

That was a good suggestion- turns out you have to scroll WAY WAY WAY down under "My Watch" and there is a "Available Apps" that you have to "ok" an installation before they show up as an option on the face. It's not enough to have the app installed on your phone. Took some time, but they show up now. Thanks!

4. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Glad it worked for you - it’s easy to miss things in the Watch app.