How do I get an iPhone 7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

So I woke up at 2am on Sep 9 to pre-order the iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB. The phone showed preparing for shipment up until today. Apparently the order got cancelled due to some glitch between AT&T and Apple. So now, I have to move to the back of the line. For the first time in many years I'm in new territory with no iPhone at or near launch day.

Before I order online again (which means another 2 or 3 week wait), would I have better luck getting a 7 Plus in the Apple store if I keep checking stock? What is the best time to check if they have them in stock?

Yes I know, it's easier to order online but I've seen in the past where friends would walk into an Apple store and get their phones within the first week of launch.

Thanks.

2. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Oh wow ... the same thing happened to friend. Hmmm, I wonder how many people have been affected by this. I would keep checking for any reservations every day through Apple's website.

3. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thanks for the links. Very frustrating. I went ahead and ordered the 7 plus anyway but in the meantime I will watch the in store availability. Hopefully I will be able to cancel the online order if one pops up in town.

4. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple came through!

Just as a follow up. The e-mail that I received from Apple regarding the cancellation of the iPhone order. At the bottom of the e-mail it mentioned that I should re-order the phone then e-mail them back with the new order number so they can get one out to me as soon as possible.

I replied to the e-mail with the new order number and mentioned how I ordered the first one minutes after the pre-orders went live on Sep 9th and that I was really bummed that the order was cancelled.

They e-mailed me back and said they placed a priority on my order and upgraded the shipping method to 2-3 day shipping.

I got a notification this morning that my iPhone 7 Black 256GB is "on the way" and will be here early next week.

I'm a happy camper and thankfully Apple's customer service is still alive a well even with all the horror stories around here.