How do I get an iPhone 7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleFan360, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Jan 26, 2008
    So I woke up at 2am on Sep 9 to pre-order the iPhone 7 Plus Black 256GB. The phone showed preparing for shipment up until today. Apparently the order got cancelled due to some glitch between AT&T and Apple. So now, I have to move to the back of the line. For the first time in many years I'm in new territory with no iPhone at or near launch day.

Before I order online again (which means another 2 or 3 week wait), would I have better luck getting a 7 Plus in the Apple store if I keep checking stock? What is the best time to check if they have them in stock?

Yes I know, it's easier to order online but I've seen in the past where friends would walk into an Apple store and get their phones within the first week of launch.

2. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Jun 7, 2012
    Oh wow ... the same thing happened to friend. Hmmm, I wonder how many people have been affected by this. I would keep checking for any reservations every day through Apple's website.
  3. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 26, 2008
    Thanks for the links. Very frustrating. I went ahead and ordered the 7 plus anyway but in the meantime I will watch the in store availability. Hopefully I will be able to cancel the online order if one pops up in town.
  4. AppleFan360 thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 26, 2008
    Apple came through!

Just as a follow up. The e-mail that I received from Apple regarding the cancellation of the iPhone order. At the bottom of the e-mail it mentioned that I should re-order the phone then e-mail them back with the new order number so they can get one out to me as soon as possible.

I replied to the e-mail with the new order number and mentioned how I ordered the first one minutes after the pre-orders went live on Sep 9th and that I was really bummed that the order was cancelled.

They e-mailed me back and said they placed a priority on my order and upgraded the shipping method to 2-3 day shipping.

I got a notification this morning that my iPhone 7 Black 256GB is "on the way" and will be here early next week.

I'm a happy camper and thankfully Apple's customer service is still alive a well even with all the horror stories around here.