Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSkyPirate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
I know it's been posted on here before but those answers were wrong. I add my contacts manually to my iPhone, and I would like to also have them on my computer without having to enter them twice. Syncing DOES NOT add the contacts on my phone to my Address Book. I don't get an error, it just doesn't do it.

I tried setting up an exchange account and syncing my contacts with my gmail, but the same thing happens. I can get contacts to transfer from gmail to the phone, but not the other way around.

Please help me.

Sulten

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
Have you tried I cloud? I setup I cloud on my phone and sync my contacts through that. there are video how to import Gmail contact with icloud then back to your phone

First you need to export all your contacs and add them to your address book:

Login to Gmail -> Contacts -> More actions -> Export -> vCard format -> Import your file into Address Book.

Then you need to export your server-side calenders from iCal and then import them:

Open iCal -> File -> Export -> Export (not iCal Archive) -> Save -> Uncheck your server-side calender -> Import -> Import your file

Now open iCloud (Settings -> iCloud) on your iPhone and toogle off Contacts and Calenders. It will ask if you want to delete from your iPhone, do so (make sure you have a proper backup before you do this).

Now sync your contacts and calenders like you usually do with iTunes.

When that is done go to iCloud (Settings -> iCloud) on your phone and toggle on Contacts and Calenders. Click on merge.

Done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.