How do I get from iphone 2g 2.2.1 to 2g 3.x?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tsteele93, Sep 22, 2009.

1. tsteele93 macrumors newbie

Here is my situation. I have a coworker with a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 2g. She was on 2.0 and could not download anything anymore because nothing supported 2.0.

She bought the phone already j/b and unlocked and had no idea what it had been sprung with.

I finally was able to use Quickpwn to get her to 2.2.1 j/b and unlocked and the phone is working fine.

However, I would like to get her to 3.0.

I've seen a number of tutorials, but they all seem to have been written when 3.0 was available from apple and they assume that you have 3.0 on the phone. Apparently I need to take the phone from 2.2.1 to 3.0 and then Quickpwn (or whatever) again.

Now that 3.1 is out, how do I do this? How do I get her phone from 2.2.1 to 3.0 so that I can re-jailbreak and unlock it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-TS

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can just do a shift-restore to the 3.0 firmware, then jailbreak and unlock with redsn0w. There is no need to do any of the other things you're talking about.

3. tsteele93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have been getting a 1600 error when I try this... not sure what that means.

Thanks!

-TS

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You have to be in DFU mode.

5. tsteele93 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok,

I thought that I was in DFU but perhaps I was in recovery. I'll give it a retry tomorrow. Thanks!

-TS

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If there is anything on your screen, you are not in DFU mode.