How do I get Imovie?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by duranduranie, Feb 18, 2009.

1. duranduranie macrumors member

I've had Imovie for years, but a few weeks ago I stupidly deleted the application. I did it because I wanted to download an older version and it wouldn't let me run an older version with the new one there. It was a dumb thing to do though, I don't know much about these things. Now I can't get any version. whenever I download Imovie 6 it says:

You cannot install IMovie HD Update on this volume. This update requires IMovie HD version 6.0.1.

and when I try to download Imovie 7 it says:

An eligible IMovie application was not found in the location /Applications.

I've tried every site that comes up on google to download the imovie application or ILife, etc.. but nothing is working. does anyone know why, or what I can do next?

Thank you. much appreciated.

2. ihabime macrumors 6502

If you have your original iLife disks, you can install from there.

Apple no longer allows downloading iMovie 6, they only offer updates.

3. duranduranie thread starter macrumors member

I lost all that when I got my computer so I downloaded iLife from a website.
    Is there any way possible to get imovie back, from a torrent or something?

4. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

ILLEGAL!!!!

:D

messedkid does not approve though, and you will have to live with THAT for the rest of your life!!!:mad:

5. ihabime macrumors 6502

Asking for or providing help torrenting illegal software is against the forum rules and can get you banned.

Stop being cheap and pay for it.

6. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho

Messekid...

I've sent you one idea for a work around; check your mail as it's too long and tedious to post here.

7. duranduranie thread starter macrumors member

Oh sorry if I offended you! I'm not being cheap, honest. I don't even download music, I buy the CD's. It's just my mom won't let me buy it, and I really needed to use it for something today. Anyway, sorry.

8. duranduranie thread starter macrumors member

I won't download it then :) But do you know if I can make videos and import flv files and export to divx by using Final cut pro? I have that and I DID buy it, but I haven't really used it yet. Is it similar to Imovie that way? Thanks.

9. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

You have final cut pro but your whinging about iMovie being gone?

Dude you have the ultimate suit.

10. duranduranie thread starter macrumors member

I know everyone keeps telling me that but I just can't seem to figure out how to use it for making videos