How do I get inspired for Content Layout ideas???

h0kie99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
VA
I am working on three sites right now and I have the basic header/navigation pieces in place... now it's time for the dreaded content. I have pages and pages of text from the clients, along with images that I can mess with in PS. But I am at a total standstill on how to layout the content in the body of the site. I have done several sites up to this point and all have just been your normal layouts with the images embedded in the paragraphs. Boring! I have been googling random websites from similar industries and all I come across are very poorly designed sites. I just want some inspiration!

Any suggestions on sites out there that just have galleries of nice designs? Wishful thinking?

h0kie99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
VA
I agree. It all depends on the amount of text, the types of images, etc... and my problem right now is that I don't have everything I need from the clients yet. Ughh... just so frustrated at my lack of experience. I guess I'll have to produce some boring layouts before I really get in my groove... :(

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
I get a lot of my inspiration from going through all the various styles @ www.csszengarden.com

I could spend hours going through each and every one. A lot of times, I see something that really makes me want to start designing something. There's a lot of really good designs there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.