Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

howells

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2015
well, sort of...

I did this just by going into iTunes, selecting my iPad, going to Apps, choosing Kindle, and adding the files there. No conversion, no using anything else. Just synced and they uploaded right where they were supposed to be. No outside apps, nothing. Easy.

The problem with this is that it puts your MOBI format files into the docs area and not the books area. Why is this important, you say? If it happens to be a special format epub file, such as a comic book format that allows you to view and enlarge individual sections of the document, it will not work if it thinks it's a doc (like a PDF or other such format). Please correct me if I'm wrong and please tell me how I can transfer the MOBI format file into the BOOKS area and not the DOCS area.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
You can't. You need to convert them to ePub and use the iBooks app. Kindle app is for Amazon book purchases only. No way to get them on there. Trust me, I've tried. So now I use iBooks for my ePubs and the Kindle app for books I've bought through Amazon.

You can... and everything you just said is 100% wrong.

1. You can email books to your Amazon "Send to device" email address.
2. You can use iTunes to transfer directly into the Kindle app.
3. You can use any app which recognises mobi and has an "open with" option (Eg. Many, many many apps).

The only thing more astounding than how wrong you are is the conviction with which you posted your incorrect response.

My mind is blown.

----------

OMG.......... Unbelievable :(

Thanks for letting me know before I wasted more time trying to find out.

They are wrong, pay them no attention.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.

3. You can use any app which recognises mobi and has an "open with" option (Eg. Many, many many apps).

The only thing more astounding than how wrong you are is the conviction with which you posted your incorrect response.

My mind is blown.

----------

They are wrong, pay them no attention.

You replied to posts that are over 4 years old. No wonder your mind was blown.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008

My mind is blown.

----------

Well, I posted that over 4 years ago. So there's that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.