how do i get msn hotmail to work?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kazkom, Jan 13, 2008.

1. kazkom macrumors newbie

hi i have a hotmail account, i can not get onto msn via my macbook i have the latest version of leopard i think its 10.5, anyway i can still access msn on my toshiba which is sloooooow but when i try via my macbook it takes about 5 mins to even load up the page and it says there is an error with msn.

hope someone knows how to fix this as i use msn alot and its bugging me.

2. noobey macrumors newbie

you could try using a program called adium?
    but the official msn program should definately not take that long.

3. gazzzmoly macrumors regular

if you mean to view email there is a known issue.

You need to going safari and delete cookies that mention live.com hotmail and MSN ALL of them then restart safari and you you will be able to log in

4. kazkom thread starter macrumors newbie

it works

got it working, msn have changed to windows live mail, but i am now getting chat going on my macbook, its java and every now and again it still runs but i cannot type anything, so basically i can see other people chatting but i can't type anything, not even in the toolbar on safari. anyone else had this problem? i do't want to take me macbook back, as i am really pleased with it, but looks like i am gonna have to.

5. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Try removing Safari and installing it again with the Leopard disk. What MSN do you use? I've never had anything that opens up in Safari/Firefox etc *shrug*

Also, hotmail on Leopard is fine for me. I can go to hotmail.com and login or use actual Messenger for Mac (v.6.03) then go to network and click on any messages and it takes me directly there.

Let us know what your using.

6. kazkom thread starter macrumors newbie

i just got a macbook the white one with 1gb ram and 120 hd, has leopard 10.5 i think is that the latest one?

7. gazzzmoly macrumors regular

i had the same problem. logging into hotmail. my solution fixed it for me!

as for using msn, i think it is rubbish for the mac. use adium it is a lot better

sems to me that you may not have applied the keyboard patch for th unresponsive keyboard (where the keyboard goes to sleep)

run a software update to make sure you are fully patched and up to date