How do I get my apps (game progress) to sync between ipad and iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G-Ziss, Nov 15, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

I have a bunch of games that I made progress on with my ipad. I got an iphone 6 today and when I downloaded & installed the games, it does not recognize the progress I made in each game. I'm signed into Game Center on both devices.

Is there a way to get the progress to sync? iCloud is turned off on both devices, does that need to be turned on for it to sync? I really don't want to have to start from scratch on my iphone.

2. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

3. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

So how do I know which ones do and which ones don't? I would assume any game that uses Game Center would.

4. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

This sucks. What's even the point of Game Center if it doesn't sync between all your devices? I wish I had known this before I bought an iphone. It probably would have influenced my decision.

5. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It's up to the app developer to support this feature. Some use Game Center/iCloud others might use Facebok or there own service.

what apps are you trying to transfer?

6. LMC91 macrumors member

It won't keep it in sync, but I've used iFunBox to backup save data to be able to transfer back. Usually just copying over the Documents folder of the app transfers the save data.