How Do I get My Burned DVD to play on Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Goldru5h, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Goldru5h macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Book Pro and am looking for a program that will convert my avi files into a format that can play on both my DVD player and My xbox 360.

I would Rather not have to pay anything but if it is needed its not a problem.

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it, thanks.

2. Goldru5h thread starter macrumors newbie

3. IanHarold macrumors newbie

Download something called Connect360...you may need to search for a full version or buy it, either way itll allow you to stream avis and mp3s to your xbox just like windows connect does it.

4. Goldru5h thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but thats not what im looking for..... I need a program That I can use to burn and convert AVI files to a DVD File that is capable of being played over xbox 360 or in a DVD player.

5. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Install Perian, then use iDVD. That's what I use, and it's worked for all .avi files I've tried. I don't have an XBox, so I can't comment on what it can and can't play, but as long as it can play standard video DVDs, you should be good to go.

6. Goldru5h thread starter macrumors newbie

lol i deleted idvd a while back...... so dont have that... thanks anyway tho

7. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

8. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Roxio Toast can do that, though its not a free program. Also keep in mind that you will lose quality from the transcoding process, and it will take a few hours for each movie.

9. Goldru5h thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks cube .... anyone else have any other programs that might do this ... I can use IDVD I cant find my cd with it...

10. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

Methinks you could do it with handbrake, which is free.

11. Goldru5h thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks .. i'll try it .... Im not sure if this will work or not