Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stlredbird

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Will Apple have some sort of registration thing on their website next week where you sign up for one and they send it to you like they did with the power adapters a couple years back? Will I have to go to an Apple Store for it? Or can I just go to the Best Buy I got my phone at and pick one up?

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
Will Apple have some sort of registration thing on their website next week where you sign up for one and they send it to you like they did with the power adapters a couple years back? Will I have to go to an Apple Store for it? Or can I just go to the Best Buy I got my phone at and pick one up?

steve said in the press conference info would be on the website next week

David-fr

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Bay Area
Yeah GOD Steve said that they will offer this option in Apple's Website next week//

I went to the store and said no refound here wait for isntructions Sorry!

Corey213

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Yeah GOD Steve said that they will offer this option in Apple's Website next week//

I went to the store and said no refound here wait for isntructions Sorry!

David-fr, what you are saying is I cannot go into the store to get my refund, I have to do it online?

draz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
David-fr, what you are saying is I cannot go into the store to get my refund, I have to do it online?

That would be correct (at least for now), wait until Friday for official word on how to obtain that refund.

David-fr

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Bay Area

That is correct my friend...

They said that ealier in the morning they were giving refounds but they heard from corporate to stop and wait to next week for official roll out in their web site..

Maybe the will give refounds in store, but they need to implement a way to avoid people getting 2 cases or a refound and a case for free...

mlts22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
That is correct my friend...

They said that ealier in the morning they were giving refounds but they heard from corporate to stop and wait to next week for official roll out in their web site..

Maybe the will give refounds in store, but they need to implement a way to avoid people getting 2 cases or a refound and a case for free...

Probably based on serial number or IMEI, if I were to hazard a guess. I'm hoping they are offering either bumpers or gift certificates for cases, as I'm probably going to go to an Otterbox or some other rugged case to help make up for my clumsiness.

David-fr

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Bay Area
Probably based on serial number or IMEI, if I were to hazard a guess. I'm hoping they are offering either bumpers or gift certificates for cases, as I'm probably going to go to an Otterbox or some other rugged case to help make up for my clumsiness.

Yeah That is why it will take them a week.. This things are not easy, especially announced on a Friday and for 3 million phones...

I work for a MMORPG company and deal with thouzands and it takes us time to deal with that much eager people..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.