How do I get my iphone replaced?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maccuser, Nov 19, 2008.

1. maccuser macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone has got a replacement handset my going to apple store. If so, what reasons do u give them? I feel like my phone has become really slow. for example, when I press settings, it takes almost 10 seconds to go there. I have restored the phone couple of times, but there was no help; I think its hardware problem.what should I do?

2. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

So, you want us to give you reasons so you can CHEAT Apple? :rolleyes:

P.S: Edit your thread, you are going to get bashed

3. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I won't flame you, but you are kidding? I think I'll take my computer back because it slowed down. Not happening! Of course they are ignoring you, there's nothing wrong with your phone! Restore your phone. Slow down is not covered by warranty!

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Wait for firmware 2.2. It will make Safari feel snappier.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

Exactly. Do a restore.

You aren't going to find information on this site on how to lie to Apple to get them to give you a new iPhone.

7. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

How slow are we talking? If you do a restore and it is that bad then the genius should be able to see the difference. Trying to give false reasons for a new phone is pathetic. Get a life.

8. maccuser thread starter macrumors member

That's not cheating if I have payed for the phone as well as applecare to have my phone work as if I bought it yesterday..Bottom line if the phone doesn't operate just like the first day, then the phone needs to be fixed.

9. maccuser thread starter macrumors member

Nobody is trying to find a false reason, whats the point if the phone is working perfectly and try to replace it. By the way, you should get a life for browsing macrumors forums all day long.

10. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

What are you talking about? You are on Mac Rumors too dope. You are the one who started the thread and wanted replies and the way you made it sound was you were looking for other peoples reasons to use as your own. Also it would be a software problem not hardware problem buddy.

11. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Ease up man. There is nothing wrong with your phone. How many apps do you have? When was the last time you reset it?

It is a computer and needs to be reset occasionally.

Restore the phone.

And to counter your last point, your phone will never run as fast as the day you bought it. No computer does. As you use it and store information on it, it slows down. The only way to get it as fast as the day you bought it is to restore it to factory conditions: ie restore it. Slowing down because of use, is not a reason for Apple to replace a computer or a phone. If it was, no one would own a computer or phone for more than a month.

Lastly, be careful how you react on these boards. Slamming people for commenting on your ........unwise post is not a good idea. If you re read your post you will see it sounds like you are trying to pull a scam.