How do I get my iWeb site back after I formated?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BSchorr, Aug 23, 2010.

1. BSchorr macrumors member

Long story short. Dont try to reformat your Mac when you are drunk, and accidently delete your external drive with your time machine backup! Thats a big NONO! haha

OK, I have my website published to my webhosting.. I downloaded the contents back to a folder.

How do I import that website back into iWeb app to continue working on it... I tried to find the root folder to where iWeb stores your saved site.. But cant seem to find it!

Anyone help muah!?

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

While on a Mac iWeb stores sites in a proprietary format, only when they are uploaded or exported do they become .html, .jpg, etc. files. iWeb can't import an existing site. Sorry.

3. BSchorr thread starter macrumors member

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Not as far as I know. It's the primary reason I decided not to use iWeb for a site, I didn't want to redo it from scratch as it's an existing site that's quite extensive.

5. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

DewGuy1999 is right. iWeb is a lock-in from that point of view. You can, however, download the published site and/or edit it with other applications like Coda, Dreamweaver, etc. if you need to do revisions.