How do I get my mac mini to sleep after a certain amount of time?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stateofmind, Feb 24, 2008.

1. stateofmind macrumors regular

I put the time at 25 minutes of idle time, but I always wake up to see that it is still on. I make sure to turn off my torrent so that does not over ride my automatic sleep but still nothing.

Does every program have to be closed? Like I close the firefox browser but the light underneath the logo on the dock is still there, do I need to shut it down completely?

Running on OS X 10.5.2 btw

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

You could try out a little program called iWannaSleep.

That lets you define when your mac sleeps by minutes or hours.

3. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

have you just tried rubbing it's back?...

Seriously, start working through your programs to find which interfere with sleep. I found my itunes was a problem because it was sharing the library. I also had trouble with firefox w/rss feeds. luck :)

4. Mr Black macrumors member

Mr Black

In the energy saver preference pane theres a button that says schedule. It will allow you to set wake, sleep or even startup/shutdown times. Just make a schedule to get your mini to sleep at like 12am or whenever you want.

5. stateofmind thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I have done that for the overnight, but I would like it to sleep anytime in the day that it is idle for 25 minutes.

I have gone through all the preferences for the programs that I usually have on and none of them say they stop the computer from going to sleep.

NOTE the programs arent open but still have lights underneath them in the dock. Adium, iTunes, Firefox.

6. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

If they still have a dot or light next to it they are still running I think.