How do I get my Verizon Iphone 4s to stay on Extended network?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jacoblee23, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I have the Iphone 4s, and my girlfriend has the Iphone 4. Well at my parents house there isn't a Verizon area, so it uses the US Cellular towers, through Verizon's extended network. Her phone stays in the extended network a lot of the time, but mine keeps trying to connect to Verizon towers, which causes me to lose service, meanwhiile she has pretty decent service, compared to me.

Does anyone have any tips? Verizon keeps telling me to do soft resets, update my phone ( I already have the latest version of IOS). Do any of you know anything about this? I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Google search on how to update your PRL list. It usually involves punching a series of numbers and * and # sybols in the phone app. You could also try a reset of your Network Settings through Settings>General>Reset. Take note: Through this method, you'll have to set up all of your known WiFi networks again.

3. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I already dialed *228 and programmed the phone and updated the roaming towers if that is what you meant.

4. lry76 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone registered with the Verizon network, and I live in Canada (I work for an American company). As of late, when I'm not traveling to the US, it keep defaulting back to ROGERS, which I'm assuming is a partner of Verizon. The problem is I cannot access functions specific to Verizon, like checking my voicemail, *611, etc. I actually need to the Extended network when I'm in Canada. Any thoughts on how I can get it to default to Extended and NOT Rogers when I'm in Canada?

5. I7guy macrumors G4

Does voice and data roaming have any effect?

6. lry76, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014

lry76 macrumors newbie

As soon as I turn on my data, it says ROGERS 3G. I can access my voicemail, but I can't do any other Verizon functions. Call forwarding is an important feature for me. When I'm home in Canada, I call forward my Verizon phone to my home office land line. But now, since it no longer says EXTENDED, I cannot call forward.