Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmF

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2008
California
I really wanted to try the new iOS 13 features so I signed up and downloaded the first public beta. Never again. I’m up to beta 4 now and I’ve just had enough of the bugs.

I don’t want to revert to iOS 12 because that seems like a pain, so is there a way to just update to the final iOS 13 (when it comes out) and just opt out of betas? I just want to be back on stable releases of iOS as soon as possible. Thanks.

Cobold

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Dieburg, Germany
Just delete the Beta profile and you will get iOS 13 final offered as an update as soon as it is released, just as if you were on iOS 12. Betas without beta profile always update to the corresponding final version of iOS.
Done that the last years. :D

Reactions: adrianlondon

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
I really wanted to try the new iOS 13 features so I signed up and downloaded the first public beta. Never again. I’m up to beta 4 now and I’ve just had enough of the bugs.

I don’t want to revert to iOS 12 because that seems like a pain, so is there a way to just update to the final iOS 13 (when it comes out) and just opt out of betas? I just want to be back on stable releases of iOS as soon as possible. Thanks.

This is exactly why they tell you not to use it on a daily driver.

That being said, if you do, you have to realize there will be bugs. You either encounter them and report them, encounter them and deal with them, or revert to a non beta. It’s part of beta life.

Reactions: HCO

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
When the official release comes out ... delete the beta profile and reboot your phone. As far as I'm aware the last beta - golden master - is the same as the release version (apart from, maybe, some diagnostics collectors?).

However, a week or so later, iOS13.1 beta will come out and you'll think "how bad can it be? I want cutting edge stuff!" and you'll re-install the profile anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.