How do I get old ip5 to not interfere with new ip6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dawgfan, Oct 28, 2014.

1. dawgfan
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

dawgfan

I deleted my reminders from my old (unactivated) ip5 and they also disappeared from my new ip6. Lesson learned, but what else to I need to change settings-wise so as not to mess up anything on my new phone?

I'd like to use the music and camera functions of the old ip5 and have it sync with itunes. Can I change names of both phones to ip5 and ip6 and have them both backup/sync to itunes?

2. Mr Hands
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

On your old phone, go to Settings>iCloud. Turn off all the things you don't want to sync with the cloud such as reminders etc.

There's really no need to delete reminders and calendar events from the old device, they can't take up but a few hundred kilobytes or so I would think so it's not like you're losing any space to speak of.

3. lelisa13p
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

I'm guessing that you named the new iPhone the same thing as the old iPhone?

Rename the new one to blah-blah-iPhone 6 or such. Both can sync to iTunes with separate names and what you delete from one won't disappear from the other, as long as it's not data from a cloud-synced app like Notes.

I keep all of my old iPhones and charge them periodically so I can play music, games, etc.

4. dawgfan
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

dawgfan

I did rename after I ran into problem. Renamed to ***iphone 5 and ***iphone6, but have not sync'd yet. Thanks for the info!