How do I get OS X to remember my wireless settings?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tsurisuto, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Tsurisuto macrumors 6502

At the moment I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.10, and to access the internet I use a wireless Netgear router. But the problem seems to be, every time I restart my computer, OS X forgets my router's name and password!

I don't publish my SSID and I use a WPA Personal security setting for my password.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

When you get the prompt to enter your username and password, did you check the box that says "Remember username and password" or "Store your password in your Keychain" or something to that effect? If you have, and it's still not remembering, open Keychain Access in your Utilities folder, select your login keychain, and tell Keychain Access to repair it.

3. Tsurisuto thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the reply, but I have tried both your suggestions to no avail. I even tried deleting the username and password in question from the Keychain Access utility, but that hasn't done the trick either.

Is there anything else I can try?

4. Tsurisuto thread starter macrumors 6502

5. TransientWolf macrumors member

You know I had exactly the same problem as you and as I was using a 64 character randomly generated passkey it was a real pain.

Then one day it just worked. I am not entirely sure what caused it but I seem to remember turning the wireless security off on the router, connecting in on an unsecured basis, then turning it back on again and reconnecting on a secured basis.

Other than that I can't think what might have corrected it. Good luck - I know what you are going through!! :(