how do I get phone to forget a hidden WiFi network?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by afd, Aug 19, 2008.

1. afd macrumors 6502a

Hi, anyone Know how to do the above, when you don't have access to the password? Any time i try to access the internet a message pops asking for the password I don't have.
    It's quite annoying, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. dual64bit macrumors 6502

Under Settings -> General -> Reset

You can choose to "Reset All Network Settings"

Perhaps this will do it...

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Settings - WiFi

Then click the blue arrow by the network that it tries to connect to and at the top there will be the option "Forget this Network".

Hopefully you will be able to navigate to that but I am not sure if it makes a difference if the network is hidden or not.

4. dual64bit macrumors 6502

It may also be helpful to turn off "Ask to Join Networks" and only setup the networks you wish to join.

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

6. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for replies. I already have ask to joun networks turned on, but this doesn't work as the network was a known network. As the network is hidden, it doesn't show up in the list of networks, so I can't ask it to forget it. Resetting network settings might be a good last resort, but I have other wifi settings saved that I'd rather not lose.

7. cere macrumors 6502

Should still show up in the list, even if it is hidden. I think it will only show up when you are in range of it.

8. afd thread starter macrumors 6502a

doesn't show up as I don't have the password for it. Am in range as the iphone sees the network and asks me to put in the correct password.