how do I get photos onto itouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kint, Nov 11, 2008.

1. kint macrumors newbie

I have tried everything, but I don't seem to be able to put photos on my itouch. There is no 'pictures' or 'photos' tab in my itunes and I have looked in all the drop down menus in itunes. I have Adobe photoshop 3.2 album starter installed on my computer. Can anyone help please?

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

When your Touch is connected to iTunes there should be a Photos Tab at the top where you can sync folders of images on your PC to your Touch.

[​IMG]

3. kint thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that but when my touch is connected, there is an icon that appears called 'kinty's ipod', then it disappears and I can't get beyond it. Should that say 'kinty's ipod touch'?

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It should say whatever you set up as the iPod's name when you first connected it. If you named it "kinty's ipod" then that's all that should be displayed.

5. kint thread starter macrumors newbie

OK I've now managed to get to the photos page...but I can't select anything - it's as if the page is frozen.

6. skittlezfersur macrumors newbie

Itouch Has A Cut On The Screen

I HAVE A ITOUCH IPOD 8 GIG OK WHEN I FIRST GOT IT I HOOKED IT TO MY COMPUTER THEN IT SAID IT WUDNT DO NUTTIN AND WHEN I RESTORED MY COMPUTER BACK TO A MONTH IT WORKED NOW THERES THIS CUT TYPE THING ON THE APPLE SIGN WHEN I TURN MY IPOD ON
    ITS VERY WIERD BECAUSE I THOUGHT IPODS WUDNT HAVE A CUT THROUGH IT
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT PLEASE EMAIL ME ATTT

HALLOWAY_MATT@COMCAST.NET

THANKS GUYS

7. biikman macrumors regular

that is normal...the apple logo on start up has a "cut" through it. if you are having other issues you should start your own thread though instead of piggybacking on another.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Usually everything is greyed out until you check the box next to "Sync photos from:", then it should work.

If it's this logo appearing then there's no problem, that's what's supposed to appear:

[​IMG]

9. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

The first rule of macrumors is we do not say iTouch

The second rule of macrumors is we do not say iTouch

;)

10. biikman macrumors regular

Funny, looked all through the forum rules and didn't see it mentioned once ;)

11. Robbadore64 macrumors regular

It needs to be added, it didn't use to bother me, it does now for some reason. then again, google "itouch" and the Apple iPod touch site is the first to come up....maybe I'm being unreasonable? I'll call my ex-wife and ask her.

Learn something new every day, now when someone refers to the apple with a "cut" in it I'll know what the h they're talking about ;)

12. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

On a related note, I have a touch, and I synced some photos to it. At the time while it was syncing it said "optimizing photos for iPod touch" or something along those lines.

However in the syncs I've done since, even if I don't sync any more photos, it still says optimizing photos. Does anyone else experience this? I know it's a minor bug, but I'm just curious.

13. Joetang macrumors member

is there a way to seperate your photos on your Touch into folders?

I have different catagories of pictures that I want to group together but I'm not sure how to add folders