how do I get rid of bookmarks dont want

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jeanw, Mar 7, 2011.

1. jeanw macrumors member

I hope I am explaining this right... say I start to type "c" instead of my Craiglist bookmark showing up in the suggestions of the address bar " Cnn"
    show up. I could not care less about those built in bookmarks >>> This is so exasperating. :eek: I dont want all those I guess it would be stuff in the bookmark bar. Am I saying this right????
    Thanks all better get outside and do something useful instead of this time consuming exasperating rhhh computering.
    Thanks
    jean

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

It doesn't sound like these are bookmarks, these are likely originating from your browser history. You can clear history manually via the History menu, can set in Safari preferences to clear the history at regular intervals, or enable Private Browsing from the Safari menu to keep your history from being saved at all.

To delete a bookmark, choose Show All Bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu, select the category the bookmarks are saved in (Bar/menu) and then click/highlight an entry you wish to delete, and hit the delete key.