How do I get rid of Evernote from my menu bar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maccanoid, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Maccanoid macrumors newbie

I installed Evernote a while back, but I didn't really like it. Because I wasn't using it, and because I wanted to save a little space in the menu bar, I used AppCleaner to remove all the Evernote files on the computer. So, it should be uninstalled. Here's the thing, the little elephant icon is still in my menu bar, and worse yet, its menu isn't pointing at anything (because all the associated files are gone). So it's just sitting there, taking up space.

How do I get rid of it? Control dragging it doesn't help (since it's a 3rd party app).

2. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

Not in front of my machine right now, but I think that is named something 'helper' if I recall correctly if you search for it in your activity / process monitor. Once you identify it correctly you should be able to kill the process, search for it in the finder and delete it. To prevent it from initially loading you can uncheck it as one of your login items.

3. alainr macrumors regular

Evernote--how do i stop it from initially loading?

Evernote is the first thing on my screen when i start my mac. how do i stop it from loading automatically?
    i went to the activity monitor, but could not find a place to uncheck it from a login item.

Does anyone know when/if Evernote will have an update so i can see my favorites when i am offine on my ipod touch? i used to be able to see my starred favorites when offline, but no longer.