How do I get rid of private notes on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nightowl~, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Nightowl~ macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm in a dilemma right now and need help from all you tech savvy guys.

Firstly, I lost my iPhone a few months ago, so my sister let me borrow her iPhone for the time being. During that time I had her phone, I wrote many private and personal info in the notes on her phone. The whole issue, is I do NOT want her to have access or read those notes at all, and my biggest fear is if she reads those private notes. I've already deleted all those notes from the iPhone a few days ago.

Whilst I was using her phone, all I remember is that I never had access to her Apple ID and password for iTunes and I couldn't download any apps. Yesterday, she took the iPhone of me and give it to me changed. So basically, it says select country, language, etc. I want her to know what are the chances of her accessing these notes on the iPhone, because lately I'm super paranoid and so worried if she'll read them. Keep in mind, I haven't hinted to her whatsoever anything about those notes. What are the chances she'll run into those notes? I'm stuck, what should I do?

Thanks

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I would assume she will find the notes if they are still there. If not you are good. If you deleted them you should be good unless you backed them up in the Cloud and she restored them.

3. Nightowl~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the prompt response.

If I deleted the notes and and she backed up her phone, will she see them? Are the deleted notes easily accessible in the backup? Is there a high chance of her accessing them?

So sorry for all these questions!

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If she had a backup on iTunes or the iCloud PRIOR to you deleting the notes and she restored then phone using that backup, the notes will be back on her phone.

5. Nightowl~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, she did not backup the phone, prior to me deleting the notes.

She backed up the phone after I deleted the notes. Does that mean that now I'm safe and shouldn't worry about her accessing and seeing these notes?

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Yes.
    And you saying it's allowing you to set language etc means it was restored, so they are gone.

7. Nightowl~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Phew...I feel relieved now!

So, now there's 0% chance of her seeing those notes, right?

Thank you very much.

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You are correct, the notes are permanently gone. Your sister will never be able to access them. 0% chance of her reading them.

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

You are going to have a great new year as the notes are gone for good now.

Relax Sir.

10. Nightowl~ thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys!

Also, I was just curious, since you said that the notes are permanently deleted, is there a way for her to retrieve them? Is it a complicated process?

Tomorrow I'm planning of giving my sister her phone back, but wanted to double check if I should be worried if she retrieves the notes somehow and ends up seeing them :/

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

She would have to be way up in Apple or a member or the NSA to retrieve this information. These notes must be dynamite! I would suggest if these notes are that sensitive, you should never put them in a place that anyone who has your phone could see. They make ultra security apps for this kind of stuff.

12. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Post a copy here with pics of your sister and we'll let you know if you are safe.....

You're ok....