how do i get rid of the dark dashboard widget background?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by greendragon, May 26, 2007.

1. greendragon macrumors regular

when i press F12 button and bring up my widgets, the background is darkened. how do i disable this?

thanks

2. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

Aloha greendragon,

You could always use a PC :D

Seriously, why would you want the background NOT to be dimmed? I think the intention is to focus the user on the dashboard, and to take focus away from the underlying desktop. Of course, I may be wrong in that assumption. Personally, I don't mind the dimmed desktop, as I only have to press F12 to get back to the desktop which takes, what, 1 second? Of course, that's me - YMMV.

:apple:HawaiiMacAddict

3. greendragon thread starter macrumors regular

i find it kind of annoying... if there was an option, to dim or not to dim, would be nice.

4. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Dashboard is like a separate "layer" from your desktop. You can't use the Dashboard and other apps at the same time. This is why it dims, and it's not optional.

There is a hack to put widgets onto your desktop instead of on the Dashboard, however. I'd rather just leave them in the Dashboard.

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i dun undertand why someone would want that, but I also understand is non e of my business so it's all good, google the hack dpaankla is talking about im sure it's not that hard to get the widgwts to display up front, or you can get yahoo engine widgets or somehting like that...i think those are easier to put up front...