How do I get rid of the USB peripheral wires?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Steveatesh, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Steveatesh macrumors regular

Steveatesh

So I have my nice shiny new RiMac on my desk, with it's single cable providing power and a USB 3 external hard drive. And occasionally I have to add a printer or two, and a Wacom pen, oh yes and a scanner.

I would like if possible to avoid having to plug wires into the rear if the imac so I am hoping there is a peripheral that will allow USB devices to be connected wirelessly?

I don't want to change both laser printers for AirPrint models. Is there something available that the RiMac will use to avoid wires?

2. HazzaB macrumors newbie

A USB hub hidden away? The it's just 1 cable to the iMac.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G4

If you have a computer on your desk, and attach things to it, there are going to be wires.

My suggestion:
    Just get used to them.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Networked or WiFi printer and or scanner. Bluetooth peripherals.

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

This!

I always hide my hubs under my desk. Thus it is only one cable to my spider web of "junk"....

6. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

My printer/scanner isn't even in the same room as my iMac. If you want to loose wires, get a wireless printer/scanner. If not hide them away under your desk. Those are you options.

7. shokunin macrumors regular

For the printers, you could always add an airprint printer server on your network, you just need one and it'll connect up to 8 printers.

http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/xprintserver/xprintserver.html

Scanners and wacom, have 1 long usb cable routed somewhere to a hub. Or sell them on ebay and buy a wireless wacom and a network or wifi scanner and put in the closet near your router/switch/hub.