How Do I get Smackbook on my mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by magicjames92, May 22, 2007.

1. magicjames92 macrumors regular

My friends talk about it, but how do i get it?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Here...download the Zip file of patches from his site, amstracker from osxbook.com, and the patched Desktop Manager app and follow his instructions.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

MUCH better than that is VirtueDesktops, it now has a 'use motion sensor' preference :)
    If you have a MBP, then you can just wave your hand over the keyboard with the 'enable light sensor' preference to switch desktops!!!

4. warfa macrumors regular

i think this will be made obsolete one leopard comes out with "Spaces" right?

5. TimJim macrumors 6502a

do virtuedesktops

its much easier with preferences and all that stuff

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I sincerely doubt that Spaces, or any part of Leopard for that matter, will encourage you to hit your Mac.

7. magicjames92 thread starter macrumors regular

Smackbook sounds too difficult..i downloaded virtuedesktops but cant get it to work...i have a macbook(not pro)

8. magicjames92 thread starter macrumors regular

ok i think i got it now. its wierd though. theres some things that need fixin. Like desktop name changing, changing how many desktops, etc.

9. warfa macrumors regular

I meant function wise. It would be doing the same thing but even better as you will be able to drag applications across different desktops and be able to see all four desktops in one window and choose between them.:)

10. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Smackbook seems interesting. Does it only work with MBs? Will it work with my Intel iMac?

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Yes, that is why the developer is stopping development of VirtueDesktops due to Spaces...

12. magicjames92 thread starter macrumors regular

i uninstalled virtuedesktops. its not worth it for what it is. it messed up my comp and wierd things started happening. fixed by a uninstall and a restart.