How do I get someone else to pay my ibill?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shoesy, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

I'm gonna get me an iphone when they launch here in the UK- but my question is this.

How do I let my boss pay my bill?

I have always received my (mobile) phone through work , and have the bill paid as part of my 'wage', but with iphone the user's itunes account would normally be the one that pays the monthly tariff right?

I don't have my bosses music sense, he normally listens to Simply Red.

Can he pay the bill whilst I use my itunes account on iphone? Please advise US iphone heads.

2. Billy Boo Bob macrumors 6502

Billy Boo Bob

No. Here in the US, we still pay our bill to the carrier (AT&T). For those of us who already had AT&T contracts running, all we had to do is add $20 for the data plan. If you aren't already with AT&T you sign up with them and start paying them, not Apple.

It should work the same there, only with the UK carrier.

The iTunes account is only needed for coordinating the updates and such, and handling content purchases (music, movies, etc...).

3. Shoesy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Super Duper

Oh cool- so the sign up process doesnt link the bill to your itunes account then.

Super duper - Thanks Billy Boo Bob. :)

If only we could get movies in the UK! Still I guess I should be grateful I can watch Disney clubhouse whenever I like.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

One sour note, at least in the U.S.:

They didn't allow anyone to keep a business (or military or police etc) discount. So if your boss has one...