How Do I Get Started With Nike+ on 3G-S??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rush0, Jun 21, 2009.

1. rush0 macrumors member

I've searched, but i'm a little confused on what I need to get started. Can I just get away with a Sensor, and a Velcro shoe-lace holder? Or do I have to get a shoe with someplace to put the sensor? I've never used Nike+ at all.

2. adster macrumors regular

Good question!

All you need is the sensor, not the dock connector. I purchased mine at the Apple store for $19.00 when I bought my 3G S. If you look in Settings->Nike+iPod you can enable it on the iPhone. When you enable it, it adds the Nike+iPod app to your apps page.

One thing I have noticed is that when you get an incoming call, the workout stops. Has anyone else noticed this as well?

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA368LL/B?mco=NDkxNjI3Mw

That's what you need, along with a Nike+ shoe that the sensor can be placed in. If you don't know whether your shoe can, it probably can't. Look under the sole of both feet for a hole to put that sensor in.

Apparently most of the bad reviews on it deal with battery life (and you can't replace it). So make sure to only put it in when using Nike+. After that, I can't help you much. I plan to try it out one day.

4. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I bought a DLO packet that Velcros to the shoelaces and holds the sensor when needed. No need to buy special shoes for it.

5. rubdom macrumors member

I use Runkeeper pro and create my own playlists instead. Much better than Nike in my opinion.

6. Buckit macrumors member

Yes,

I wrote up a little thing on my experimenting on it... the jist is if you ignore the incoming call then your workout keeps going, if you answer the call then the workout pauses.

I haven't yet found a way around this.

7. montecarloss919 macrumors member

what is a DLO Packet?

8. adster macrumors regular

After reading this thread, I picked myself up a Switcheasy Runaway! I thought about the DLO pouch but I just don't like the look of it (or many other DLO products).

I hope Apple includes the option to talk+walk in future revisions as that's a near deal breaker for me.

9. mikey28 macrumors 6502

Great subject.

One of the reasons I was interested in 3G S is the NIKE +.

I had a hard time finding it at first (in settings, scroll all the way down)

I bought a sensor (I already had nike shoes)

and I went walking. It worked really well. (I just wanted to know how many calories I burned and how far I walked)

Great app.

(I have the feeling I'll be buying extra sensors, but that's ok...)