How do I get the best video quality from Final Cut Pro?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ckfoot01, May 26, 2009.

1. ckfoot01 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, i'm very green when it comes to using a Mac. I just got a new mac pro and Final Cut Pro. I've been editing videos for the past few years on a PC so i'm not 100% sure on everything I am able to do.

My question is what are the best settings for uploading videos onto youtube or any video site. I do a lot of video contests and I think I can post better quality but not sure if I am doing so. For example please check out and vote if you want on my new video I just put up for ForRent.com. This was my very first attempt with editing with Final Cut Pro. I think I did a good job other than having trouble with a few parts. So check it out and let me know how I can make things look better.

http://shar.es/mN6R

I have about a 5 year old Sony camcorder I shoot with. The quality is actually pretty good but I know getting a new camcorder is the next step. I appreciate anyones feedback and advice. Also don't forget to vote if you could, you can even with money by voting once a day. So get back to me, thanks again.
    -CK

2. rawdawg macrumors 6502

http://www.vimeo.com/2004126

The tail end of this video is the best advice I've been able to find....

If only I had step by step help building a website. I can build a camera from glue but can't build a website.

BTW, for your needs get an HV40. Best camcorder out there. Don't believe the tapeless hype unless you want to spend a few times more the amount. The quality just isn't there.

3. ckfoot01 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the video rawdawg, i'm so new to the world of Final Cut and the millions of different things I can start doing. I will look into that camcorder as well. I saw a few videos shot with that camera and I do like the looks of it.

Thanks again for the video and feedback I appreciate it.

4. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Why is the kitchen background so blurry. I assume it is to fake an expensive lense. But you didn't cut out the persons in front of it, so it looks a bit weird.

5. ckfoot01 thread starter macrumors newbie

I had to blur out all of the logos on stuff. I forgot to clean up the kitchen since i'm lazy. I shot this super late at night and didn't have much time to re-do that scene. Thanks for checking it out though I appreciate it.

6. Fast Shadow macrumors 6502a

Thanks for posting this, I watched it and a couple of others in the series. Color has been a bit of a mystery to me, I've found it to be so obtuse that I've generally avoided using it in favor of Magic Bullet Looks - but that tutorial really helped clear things up. I like MB Looks for doing quick vignettes and color tweaks, but the granular control of Color is much more impressive, but I can see how it could really bog me down if I start getting lost in tweaking the color of each and every shot. That being said it's awesome to have it available.